.{{the Otherworldly Woods . . .

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Re: .{{the Otherworldly Woods . . .

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 pm

@Fishy The rabbit gulped down another leaf and then squeaked, "Hi! My name is Kala. What's yours?"
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: Kala
Race: Rabbit Rabbit

http://soaren.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:18 pm

That was direct, Lyra thought to herself, blinking. She glanced at the cabbage leaf Kala gulped down and cocked her head. "So you can understand me," Lyra crowed in her sing-song voice, "Greetings, Kala. I'm Lyra." Then the little bird laughed, fluffing her tan and teal feathers, "Such a funny thing I know what you say and you know what I say, isn't it? We can be good friends. I've never had a good friend before," she paused about her words, considering whether Owl was one she called a good friend. No, he was more like a father, she told herself wordlessly and flew back onto a perch, nibbling away at the seeds in the bird feeder.

She pecked around and found a big, crunchy one. It was a sunflower seed. She loved sunflower seeds. The little bird closed her beak tight on it and pulled. It came out, along with a shower of bird feed which tumbled down on the poor rabbit, interrupted by the sudden drizzle of seeds.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: Wren
Race: Bird Bird

http://intothemist2.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm

@Fishy Kala chuckled at the birdseed and then replied, "Sure." (what about the cat? xD)
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:31 pm

OOC; He can come in whenever you want -- as long as he's there for at least half of the adventure xD

IC; Lyra smiled in her birdy way and the froze. "So...How do we do that?" she peeped absent-mindedly.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:33 pm

@Fishy OOC: There's going to be an adventure? *faints* xD

BIC: Ravenheart leapt out of some bushes and fell on Kala cause he was looking back. Kala pushed him off and grumbled, "Who are you?" Ravenheart shuffled his paws and stuttered, "I'm Ravenheart. Did you notice some dogs over there? They chased me for a long time. Finally they stopped." Kala couldn't speak to Lyra about being friends in front of this stranger so she stammered, "Sure. That's great. Now can you please leave?"
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Name: Caprice (Capri for short)
Species: human
Power: ice
Appearance: Turquiose haired and pale-skinned, Caprice already looks abnormal. Add to that her gray, mysterious eyes, and you have something whimsical. They turn an icy cold blue when she is using her power, or when she is simply irritated. Her hair is long, silky but tangled, seldom cut and seldom comed. Her glowy skin has scratches and scars everywhere, and she is scrawny from lack of food. Despite this she has an elegant appearance, almost faerie-like, just missing the wings and the pointed ears. She wears an old, white blouse and ragged, torn jeans, cheap sandals and a snug white shawl over it all. All of her apparel are the result of her frequent begging. Capri carries with her one of those eco-friendly bags, stuffed with the change she saves and plastic bags from stores (she saves them all). Also in there are food and a brown wig, which she wears to look more normal.
Personality: Capri likes to be direct and blunt. She is a person of extremes. She is surprisingly intellegent but terribly stubborn. When she is determined, nothing can stop her. When she doesn't want to do something, even if she does it, everything about it is lacking. Since she was orphaned herself, she has a soft side for parent-less creatures and outcasts such as herself. Most of the time, however, she uses a sharp tongue and intimidatnig eyes to get what she needs or wants, unless she is begging. At those times she does all she can to look pitiful and normal. She is a girl of a lot of talent, however, and one of them is eavesdropping and knowing things. She may be loud and rambuctious at times, but she knows how to get news. Another talent is talking. She talks her way out of many things (although more times than not she ends up hurting others along the way). Two more are parodies (she would make a good actor, but rather she teases others by mimicing) and killing -- mentally. Around Caprice, you have to watch her mouth and brace your ears for the attack.
History: She was left on the street and taken in by an orphanage. There she was raised until she was six, when her ice powers became clear and she was shunned out. Eventually she simply ran away soon before turning seven and lived stealing apples and fruits from a nearby farm. She was educated in math, so she was able to properly use the change she occasionally found on the street or begged for. She never had any close friends, for she was always on the run. (She has been caught shoplifting more than once)
Extra: none.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Nothing to say xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm

OOC; Yup -- didn't you read the 'STORY' part? xD Also, this is going to be LONG.

CAPRICE
"I'm sure I heard something," the girl murmured to herself. It came from the back. The teen whipped her head, her fake brown hair billowing in the wind, facing the direction of the noise. All she saw over there was the garden she was recently at, secretly watering a few vegetables she planted herself that she found at the corner of the farmer's market. The owners of that house were on vacation for a month, she had heard. They liked to garden and always left two tube-fulls of bird feed in their bird feeder when they leave. The soil was best for her plants. She stood up and looked around. No humans in sight. Yet she was sure she heard talking. Caprice sighed and sat back down, absent-mindedly exhaling a cloud of frosty air, then subsequently shaping it into a molded ice sculpture. On its glassy surface she saw her reflection, plus a group of small animals. A rabbit, a bird, a cat. How interesting. But the rabbit...

Capri dashed into the fenced yard, screaming in fury. "Hey, you nuthead, stop eating my cabbages or prepare to be frozen to crisp!" she screamed, not caring if her words weren't making any sense or if her eyes were turning cold and icy blue, giving away the fact that she was far from normal.

LYRA
Lyra stared at the tom cat for a few heartbeats as Kala pushed him off her back as she stammered a few words. Afraid that the cat would take offense and attack or something, Lyra flew onto the rabbit's head and brushed her feathers over Kala's ears soothingly. "Now, now," she crowed gently, "Don't act so defensive." Then the bird turned to the cat and chirped, "Those dogs are a pest. They must be the ones that chased me too. I went over to gather a few seeds when I was hungry, but then they sniffed me and chased me away. Thank goodness I still got a couple to eat," she scuffed her feathers and peeped, "I'm Lyra, and this rabbit here is Kala. I know animals aren't supposed to understand other species' talk, but us two do, and apparently we can understand you too. It's like we were meant to find each other," she paused for a breath and asked, "What's your name?"

Before the tom had time to answer, however, a human came rampaging over in fury. Lyra, alarmed at the coldness of her eyes, promptly flapped her wings hard and flew away to a tree branch. She beckoned the tom and the rabbit over.

The girl seemed so infuriated her brown hair might fall off. "Hey, you nuthead, stop eating my cabbage or prepare to be frozen to crisp!" she screamed.

Wonderful. Lyra can understand her too. Maybe this was a dream. After all, what she said didn't make sense. How can you be frozen into a crisp? Even worse, she sounded like she meant it. Lyra cocked her head and flew behind the girl and onto the bird feeder. Suddenly the girl whipped her head around with her teeth clenched. In the process of doing so, her hair really did fall out. It was a wig. Underneath, all her shiny teal hair spilled out.

"Darn," the human huffed and began talking to herself, "Capri, you really need to be more careful." She leaned down and picked up the wig and messily put it back on her head.

Lyra peeped out staring cautiously.

The girl, named Capri apparently, stared back. "What? Shoo, birdie, fly away like you're supposed to! It's no good hanging around a freak like me, or you'll get frozen into crisp."

"Excuse me," Lyra chirped in her gentle tone, "But can you explain that blue hair of yours?"

"Oh my god, it can talk!" Capri screamed, clutching her head.

Lyra wasn't surprised. She felt the same way when she met Kala. "We're only hungry."

Capri growled, "Hungry? Only hungry? Look at me, I'm famished!" In her fury, she let out an icy hiss that froze Kala's feet.

Lyra stared at the half frozen rabbit. "Oh my..." she trailed off bewilderedly.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:10 pm

@Fishy Ravenheart meowed, "Ravenheart." Then he turned to Caprice. Kala cried, "Get me out of this!" (can she burn it with light?)
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

OOC; Lyra will tend to it first. >:3

CAPRICE;;
"Whoops..." Caprice clenched her teeth as she stared at the frozen rabbit, who was crying out loud, "Get me out of this!" The girl took a deep breath. "That was unexpected." She took off her wig and exhaled, "Sorry folks. Well, I won't be needing this wig anymore now that my cover's blown --"

"It was already blown, literally," the bird Lyra chirped, gently reminding her of the incident when the brown wig flew off.

"Right," Capri shook her head awkwardly, letting her long hair cascade down. It was still weird talking to a bird, let alone a rabbit and a cat as well. "I better unfreeze this poor...Kala," she leaned down, but the bird flew onto her arm and there she perched.

LYRA;;
"I'll handle this," crowed Lyra, "Capri, isn't it?"

The human girl stared blankly and nodded. "Caprice, actually," she said, "Capri is just for short."

"That's a pretty name," Lyra commented and turned to Kala. "Anywho! Let's fix this before you develop a frostbite, shall we?"

Then the bird unfurled her feathers which started to give off an ominous but luminous glow. She let herself calm down and let that soothing energy flow into the rabbit beside her. Suddenly she lifted off and spiraled around in a rapid torpedo as a cooling, swirling silver mist began to appear. Lyra felt the sheer cold Kala was feeling. Her talons clenched and shivered. Heat, she thought, Heat would do the trick. Quickly the chilly mist turned a gold, fiery color. It almost looked like a flame. Its coolness turned warm. Lyra shed a feather and it falled gently onto the rabbit's foot, as enchanted as the bird herself. In no time the ice melted and Kala was thawed. The misty flame vanished as if it was never there.

Lyra roosted herself onto Kala's head. "That wasn't bad at all, wasn't it?" she singed in her bird chirps. A little tired, she wrapped herself tight in her wings and waited for a response to see if Kala felt cured or not.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 pm

@Fishy Kala sighed and murmured, "Finally! Stupid ice..." Then she kept her gaze on Caprice and shown light on her back/face(idk) and she stomped her foot. "You. Why did you freeze me?" She was furious at this human for freezing her, even for an unknown reason. Ravenheart pushed Kala to the side. "Um...bye...Caprice...come on. Let's go." He grabbed Kala and ran back into the bushes. Then he ran back out and dropped Kala on a soft patch of grass. "Lyra? The dogs are back. I smell their scent, and they're heading this way," Ravenheart pointed out, wrinkling his nose.
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Lyra chuckled a bit at Kala's irritated behavior. Caprice shut her eyes tight as the bright light shone into her face. "Ow -- hey! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Stop this...flashlight or something!"

"It's not a flashlight," Lyra peeped, "It's Kala's own light."

"Wha? You mean --" Before Capri finished her sentence, the tom cat pushed Kala aside and grabbed her back into the bushes. Lyra promptly followed with a flap of her wing. She waited for Ravenheart to finish speaking and then replied overhead, "I can see them too. They are not far off -- just a few houses ahead. Humans...They forgot to chain them."

"Wait!" Capri came shoving through the bushes, "I can explain! I've never met any others that are also magical before! Wait!!"

Her voice alerted the dogs even more, if their mixed scents didn't give them away already. The little pack came rushing in. Three german shepherds, all hyper and feeling mischievous. They jumped out of the bushes leaping, knocking straight into Kala and Ravenheart's path. Lyra, airborn, avoided the attack. Caprice, alerted and quick to react, shot a beam of ice horizontally, connecting the three dogs by frozen muzzles.

"That was convenient," Lyra chirped.

Caprice sighed. "Phew."
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 pm

I'll be a Feli XD with the same skelly.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: No Name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 pm

@Fishy Kala sighed, "Thank you!" Then she got rid of the light in Caprice's face. Ravenheart snapped at the dogs, "Behave yourself, you mottled furballs!" He ruffled his fur and padded closer to Lyra and Caprice. "So what are you guys planning to do next?"

OOC: I don't have much to say xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 pm

OOC @Holly: Sorry, I don't understand what you meant. xD
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Juniper hovered above the air, watching Ravenheart and Lyra.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:08 pm

OOC @Holly: What's a feli...or skelly? Sorry, I just want to know :3
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:09 pm

A skelly is the form used to fill out a new character. A feli is a subeta pet. XD
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm

@Hollyflower OOC: That doesn't answer Fishy's question.
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Yes it does...
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 pm

@Hollyflower OOC: Please use 'OOC' when talking out of character and ping people. :)
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 pm

OOC: I'll take that answer as an answer. xD

Anyway, Holly, can you use a real pet? There are lots of cat-like creatures...
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 pm

@Hollyflower OOC: Lions, cheetahs, leopards...blah xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 am

OOC: Ok...a phoenix? XD Or a dragon.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

@Hollyflower A real animal. Phoenixes and dragons are mystical.
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down