Soaren World FAQ

Go down

Soaren World FAQ

Post by FiSHY on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

This is a Work in Progress. It will be editted until that status is removed. Even then, expect changes now and then.
NOTE: this has not been updated yet since the content revamp

CONTENTS
--GENERAL
----What do you do in the Soaren World?
----What is hunger?
----What happens when your hunger turns zero?
----How do you replenish hunger?
----What is happiness?
----What happens when your happiness turns zero?
----How do you replenish happiness?
----How do get items and check them?
----Where can I RP?
----Why can I RP in another city/town/etc when I'm in a different one?

--FOOD
----How do I eat food?
----How much does each food replenish?
----Where are all the places I can go to buy food?
----Where are all the places I can go to eat food?
----Why do I have to go to a special eating place to eat food?
----Food tips?

--TOYS
----How do you use a toy?
----How much does each toy replenish?
----Where are all the places I can go to buy toys?
----Where are all the places I can go to use toys?
----Why do I have to go to a special playing place to use toys?
----Toy tips?
----What happens when you break a toy?

--TRAVEL
----How do I travel?
----What is the difference between the subway and the plane?
----How do you order tickets?
----What happens when a ride/flight is cancelled?
----Where are all the travel centers?

--HOUSING & LANDSCAPING
----How do I buy a house?
----What are the benefits of having a set home?
----House tips?
----How do I change the backyard? - coming soon
----How do I buy a potted plant?
----Can I have a potted plant as well as a backyard if I have a house instead of an apartment? - coming soon
----What are the benefits of having a better backyard or potted plant? - coming soon
----Can potted plants grow? - coming soon
----Landscaping tips? - coming soon

--ALLOViVA - coming soon

GENERAL

What do you do in the Soaren World?
You become an alter ego that you make up. In those forums of the world you get to roleplay as that character -- in other words, become that character with the choice of your words.

What is hunger?
How full your virtual Soaren alter-ego is, silly. Your hunger will go down a little every day so always keep food handy. Note that if you have a house your hunger will go down less. If you are homeless, energy spent on roaming without a set shelter will cause your hunger to go down more.

What happens if your hunger turns zero?
Your happiness also drops to zero (but you don't suffer its consequences) and you are charged 100 S$ as a recovery fee from the Soaren Hospital. Your S$ will then be deducted an additional 5 S$ for every subsequent day until you eat something in order to keep you alive. (btw, it is possible to have negative S$)

How do you replenish hunger?
Eat food, and lots of it. Smile

What is happiness?
That's how satisfied your virtual Soaren alter-ego is. Your happiness bar will go down a little every day. Note that your happiness bar will go down more if you don't have a house. Your happiness will go down extra if you don't post and play in the Soaren World so be active!

What happens if your happiness turns zero?
Your hunger will drop by 20 and you will have to pay 50 S$ for depression pills that will supply you for three days. (the food pills will not work!) After three days if your happiness is still zero you'll be charged another 50 S$ and your hunger will drop by another additional 20. Same thing after another 3 days and etc.

How do you replenish happiness?
Play with your toys and interact with others. As long as you make it noticeable that you are being active in the Soaren World your happiness should go up, or at the least stay the way it is.

How do you get items and how do you check them?
Go to the respective store, do as it says to make the purchase, wait for an admin to take the order and deliver it, and there you go! To see how many you have go to your profile, click on Character Sheet, and then you'll see a list of possible items and how many of each you have. If it's blank then you don't have any of it.

Where can I RP?
In the city/town/etc that you're at. Any place in there is fair game as long as it allows roleplaying. For example, in some shopping places you may not RP -- only order items.

Why can't I RP in another city/town/etc while I'm in a different one?
To be realistic and to provoke you into posting for more S$ (tee hee Smug ). For an example, let's say you are in Soar City. There's an adoption center in Little Town. You want to adopt something there. You are free to request an adoption, but you have to pick it up by travelling there because it isn't just teleported to you. In a similar way, if you want to visit Cobalt Beach but you're in Little Town, you have to travel there first. Travelling takes S$, by the way.

FOOD

How do you eat food?
Make sure you have food first. Go to the special food-eating place in your location (Soar City, Little Town, etc.) and say what you are eating, post the respective emoticon, and how many you are eating. Think of it as a roleplay post except you'll need to be clear so staff can understand. Note that you may also eat food in your home and other people's houses.
Example:
Mary eats one of her bitten apples :apple7: and says to Bob, "This is good! If only it were a whole apple. Then it would be even better!"

How much does each food replenish?
There is a thread for this in the Info 'Bout the World forum.

Where are all the places I can go to buy food?
Cafe Delight! - Soar City
The Little Town Supermarket - Little Town
Little Marketplace - Little Town
The Cobalt Shack - Berylville

Where are all the places I can go to eat food?
Soar Cafeteria - Soar City
Little Town Picnic Area - Little Town
Beachside Shelter - Berylville
NOTE: you may also eat food in houses/apartments

Why do I have to go to a special eating place to eat food?
This is to make it easier on the admins who do all the work raising and lowering her hunger and happiness bars. That way they don't have to check every single place. Rather, for hunger bars, they can just check the special food eating places and houses for food interactions.

Food tips?
If you're in a special food eating place and start up or join a food fight, a couple things can happen.
---If nobody joins, you lose all your food supplies and your happiness goes down a little.
---If a few people (2-3) join, you lose all your food supplies but in return your happiness raises according to how many people join in times how much food you had. (p x f = +h)
---If many people join (4+) then you lose all your food supplies but your happiness is automatically maxed out.
Note that if you had no food, your happiness is unaffected no matter how many people join (p x 0 = +0).

TOYS

How do you use a toy?
Make sure you have a toy first. Go to the toy-playing place in your location (Little Town, Soar City, etc) and play around with it. When you interact with your toy it counts towards your happiness. Be careful to remember how durable your toy is. If a staff member notices that you are using your toy very often or playing with it roughly, it may break. When you post there, think of it as roleplaying. Feel free to play with other people and their toys too. Have fun! Note that you may also play in your home and other people's houses.
Example:
Mary bombards Bob with her set of mini toys 🐻 :panda: :bunny: :dew: :pinkbear: 🐱

How much does each toy replenish?
There is a special thread for this in the Info 'Bout the World forum.

Where are all the places I can go to buy toys?
Lil' Toy Shop - Soar City
The Little Town Supermarket - Little Town
Little Marketplace - Little Town
The Cobalt Shack - Berylville

Where are all the places I can go to use toys?
Soar Arcade - Soar City
The Playhouse - Little Town
Giant Sandbox - Berylville
NOTE: you may also use toys in houses/apartments

Why do I have to go to a special playing place to use toys?
Like eating, this is to take some work off of admins' backs because they manually update your hunger and happiness bars for you. You need not worry because there is a special playing place in each location. In addition to playing in those special playing places, like eating, you may also interact with toys in your home if you have one.

Toy tips?
Playing with other people and their toys will increase the amount of happiness you replenish from playing. Note that this only applies when both players are playing with their toy.

What happens if you break a toy?
The toy becomes unusable. However it'll still take a space in your inventory. If you want to get rid of it you'll have to go to a special playing place and make it clear that you are trashing the toy. Say what you are trashing, post the respective emoticon, and bold the key words that show that you are throwing something away. Soon, however, there'll be a place you may go to fix broken toys. Fixing broken toys is hard work, however, so don't expect the price to be cheap.
Example:
Mary walked to the trash can and threw away her broken mini bear plushie 🐻

TRAVEL

How do I travel?
First you need to have enough money to buy a ticket either for plane or for the subway. Remember to read the travel center information in each area of Soaren. Each place has different prices for a ticket. Once you buy a ticket, you should copy the code that the staff member has sent to you. You can use it in any place, which can help you when tickets in another place are expensive, and you can use it at any time. When you have traveled to a place, you may not magically leave to another, hence buying another ticket or using another one. You must stay in this place until a you use another ticket to leave.

What's the difference between the subway and the plane?
The subway is very dirty, although it is fast. It will drop your happiness bar a little from being disgusted by trash, dirt, and mice. Another pro of taking the subway is that it's reliable. You can expect to get to your destination on time with minimal problems. It's not that the subway will have no delays/cancels, however. It just has a much smaller possibility. The plane on the other hand is surprisingly slower. The boarding process may take a long time, and there is always a chance of a flight cancel or delay. However it is cleaner and more luxurious. It will give you more time to relax and talk a little, but it will raise both your happiness and your hunger bar with their delicious, mouthwatering food.

How do you order tickets?
There is a travel center in each place. To get a ticket, go to the travel center in your current location and fill out the form asking for the destination, quantity and form of transportation. Note that some places have higher prices than others. In that case it is wise to plan ahead when buying tickets.

What happens when a ride/flight is cancelled?
You get to keep your ticket or switch it for a different one. (a plane ticket to Little Town switched for a subway ticket to Little Town) You may also ask for a refund. If you decide to keep your ticket and not switch it for a different form of transportation and/or destination, you'll have to wait until the next flight/subway ride becomes available.

Where are all the travel centers?
Soar City Travel Center - Soar City
Little Travel Center - Little Town
Beryville Travel Center - Berylville

HOUSING & LANDSCAPING

How do you buy a house?
There's a place in Soar City called RHouses Real Estates where you can buy houses or rent apartments. Reply to that topic stating what you want to buy and the location. Rates vary. Be wise when choosing your home!

What are the benefits of having a set home?
First off, your happiness and hunger will go down less. You'll come to savor this fact seeing how numbers build up like they do. Second, you'll have your own special place to roleplay. You can invite friends over for parties and sleepovers. Third, you'll get your own phone, allowing you to phone friends in other places. Fourth, depending on which house you get, you may actually earn S$ every month.

House tips?
Party and sleepovers!
---If you start up a party, a couple things can happen.
----If there are a few people (2-3) in total in the party, then you lose half of your food supplies and your happiness and hunger raises (h) by how many people are in the party (p) times the amount of food you lost (f/2). So the equation is: p x f / 2 = h. If you didn't have any food then your happiness and hunger bars are unaffected.
----If there are many people in the party (4+) in total, then you lose all your food supplies and break at least one toy. At the start of the party, roll the half dice. The number you roll is the number of toys you break. The choice of toys that break is random. In return, your hunger is maxed out and your happiness raises by the number of toys you break (t) times the number of people who join (p) plus 10. (the equation is: t x p + 10 = h) If you don't have food, your hunger is unaffected no matter how many people join. If you have a lot of people but you have no toys, then your happiness is unaffected no matter how many people join. If you have less than the amount of toys that should break from the dice roll, then you will do the equation with the amount of toys you have, though your gain will be halved.
---If you start up a sleepover, things are a bit more simple. At the start of the sleepover, roll the standard dice. The number you roll will be the number of toys you break. You will gain happiness from the amount of people who join and the number of toys you break. The equation is: p x t = h. If you have less than the number of toys you'll have to break then you use the number of toys you have in the equation. However, the happiness gain will be halved.

Last edited by FiSHY on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 25 times in total
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: Wren
Race: Bird Bird

http://intothemist2.proboards.com

Back to top Go down